Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Shakespeare In Love-Sonnet 130

1. Some people believe looks matter when finding a partner. In this sonnet's case, the man thinks his love is hideous. Her eyes are dull, her haris are black wires, her cheeks are no so rosie, and her breath reeks. Most men would not be attractive to this type of woman. The message in this sonnet tells how some men love their women no matter what she may look like. That to me, is true in todays world. Looks are not what always matter when looking at a girl. If you love their attitude and personality, then looks may no always be an issue. You should love a person for who they are and not what they look like.

2. The message this sonnet gives is true in most ways. The man in the poem tells us how ugly and unattractive his love is, but he still loves her. "Coral is far more red than her lips' red; If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun," explains to the reader how not so cute his love is, but at the end of the sonnet he says "And yet, by heaven, I think my love is rare." He contradicts himsely by saying these mean things about how the way his love looks, but then tell how much he loves her.

With personal experience, I have seen people throughout the community where I stop and think as to how that couple started. I was at the local drug store and I saw a good looking guy with a not so pretty girl. I could not help but look at the couple and wonder how that happened. When I really thought about it, I realized looks may not matter as much as to personality or what the inside has to offer. Young people consider looks to be the most important thing, but looks can only get you so far. It is your heart that will tell who you really are.

No matter who you are, you are beautiful.
.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr-0s1sTRvI

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what Katie is stating. Love is not all about looks. The man in the sonnet loves his wife for who she is, not what she looks like. This is true in many cases in life. As people age they usually gain weight and begin to lose buety. Its a fact of life. You must love a person for who they are, not what they look like.

    ReplyDelete